Sunday, June 1, 2014

What does IPYG do? It Makes World Peace.

A Thought about Peace 2

    - After joining in the Peace Walk on May. 25th. 2014


On 25th May, I attended a peace event held by International Peace Youth Group(IPYG). I heard the group was worldwide, so the same event was been holding in many places around the world at the same moment. As I live in Jeonju, South Korea, I joined it near my place - It was held outside of the Jeonju World Cup stadium. I was amazed at the large amount of crowds, it reminded me of the passion of last World Cup season looking excitement on their faces. I wondered what made their faces so bright and cheerful in this gloomy weather. Anyway, the atmosphere and their faces fitted with the theme 'Peace'.

Many staffs moved around and the place seemed to be so busy with lots of people. Some people were lined up waving their hands to welcome the participants. It made me smile and became open-minded. At that moment, an announcement from the stage was there saying that the ceremony of peace walk would begin.
 
"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming and we will start the Commemoration of Peace Walk."  People sent up rousing cheers and we started to watch a live broadcast from the big screen on the stage. "We work for the end of war and restoration of peace with many peace groups together.", Chairman of IPYG traveled over the world to let the leaders sign for the International Law of End of war and peace..." As I watched the video, my mind was aroused for peace.

I thought the idea of peace was really nice and that must be a solution to solve the problems that happened in this world. 

What would the reason be people cannot have peace in the world? Novel Peace Prize has been given to someone every year. It was in 1901 that the Novel Prize for Peace started, the number of the winners or groups is just about 113. But, I wonder how much these people exert their influence on the world peace. I don't mean they didn't put an effort to do so, but the result is not what they claimed as we look at the world today which makes me frustrated in peace of the human beings.

Until now, there are so many crimes, such as a kidnap in Africa, pirating a ship and killing people with a gun, using people as a medical experiment on a living body in Middle East, children and women being treated in sexual exploitation and abused by immigration criminals from Arab, and so on.

Why have such these crimes happened? Are Just human beings so weak and incomplete like that? Do we have to give up achieving the peaceful world? One thing I am sure is that human beings don't have any rights to destroy the Earth, the nature, and one another. Since the results of war are just the futility and destruction, it should be stopped.

There were announcements, agreements, and treaties. Such as the Yalta Conference, the Potsdam Declaration, the Cairo Declaration. Their purposes were no wars and no armed force, but the irony is the efforts have not changed anything yet. It seems we are living in a place that most of people want wars.

But this organization was telling us to be united for peace and looked like they were sure they could make it

The event reached midway through as the chairman and the chairwoman made their speeches. There also were some fabulous performances from a choir and a singer, followed by the speeches from foreign members of IPYG. One of the most impressive things was that their nationalities are all different from each of them. I mean, one of them seemed to be from Africa and another from Southeast Asia Im not sure because Id lost them only a moment.:( It made me think how widely this group is working around the world. So, oddly enough, Id been impressed at the capacity of IPYG through the nationalities of the speakers. And all the people there, including me, responded to them with hearty cheers. I think their speeches with inarticulate 
Korean helped to have a good feeling. :)

Then, Peace Walk followed. It was meaningful because I could have a chance to make a small talk with other people including the event staffs and the young. Though we all came from different backgrounds, all could become one by having the same hope for peace. This made me no longer care about the damp clothes by rain. Peace Walk was a refreshing event!

The events had concluded after taking a commemorative photograph. I could have a talk enough with many people on that day, but I'm still looking forward to have a chance to participate in this kind of event once more. As a person who sincerely desires peace and prosperity of mankind I hope this kind of events will be held much more so that it can be a little seed of the peaceful world to come. I had mixed feelings of joy and gratitude. Now I want to define it as a hope. The event was really overwhelming with the hope for peace.



5 comments:

  1. I would like to share your writing with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I desperately want world peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for letting me know which I didn't think that far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in Peace after reading your writing.





    ReplyDelete
  5. IPYG makes world peace^^
    I wish peace comes as soon as possible in this world.
    Like IPYG's hope..
    Like our hope..
    I will be expected...

    ReplyDelete