Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A fighter for Independence, Jung-geun Ahn had beautiful hands.

I was wandering for 3 years making efforts to make Korean independence restored and peace in Asia remained. But finally, it couldn't be achieved and I'm dying here, I have a wish before I die. I want you, twenty million brothers and sisters to try harder for studying, raising unemployment and restoring free independence.
-From the patriotic martyr, Jung-geun Ahn's last will shortly before he die for his country-
That statement above is the will of Jung-geun Ahn who died for his country as a fighter for independence. In my childhood, I learned about him just on the school textbook. But now, I think of him by not the knowledge but the heart.


When we look at his fingers, we can notice that one of his finger joints was cut. He meant to show his earnest mind for peace and independence by cutting his finger.
 
It is not too much to say that his mind was originated from his parents. The first thing that came up in my mind when I think of him is that he killed Itō Hirobumi using a bomb. When he was jailed for that, his mother sent a shroud and a letter that said "You were right, so face the death honorably." But actually, we cannot even imagine how his mother felt desperate.
 
Thomas Jung-geun Ahn. People called him thomas for decades not knowing why he is thomas. He was a Catholic, so he was given the name 'Thomas' as a baptismal name. He, as a citizen of Korea and a Catholic, said that "I will shout and do my best for the independence even in heaven when I hear the voices crying out for that.”
I'm really thankful for that we can live a peaceful lives now thanks to his independence movements with a determination of death.
 
I think we should search for the ways that we also can do feeling thankful to the fighters for independence who left a peaceful world to us, even sacrificing their lives. Furthermore, I hopefully wish for the world fully filled with peace and without repeating any victims and tragedies regarding wars.
 

8 comments: