Friday, June 27, 2014

After watching ‘Edge of Tomorrow’


In the near future, mankinds encounter crisis of destruction by the invasion of alien tribe called Mimic. Bill Cage(Tom Cruise) is assigned in the operation which is no better than suicide operation without any drills and equipments, then meets his death in the battle. However, impossible things happen. He wakes up again at the time when the dreadful incident began and takes part in the war. He repeats to be dead and revived. So he finds out the foreign beings called Mimic and obstructs them. Eventually, the world regains peace among the Earth. That's all the contents of Edge of Tomorrow which was released recently.

As today's genres and contents became more various than the past, I usually go to cinema for enjoying the varieties. Among diverse movies, movies about war are coming out constantly. I can also realize this trend by the fact that the movies which are now crossing my mine are ‘Saving Private Ryan’, ‘DMZ A Demilitarized Zone’, ‘A Bombing Squad’ and ‘Someone said Let’s meet again’.
 
Characters in films regarding war like Edge of Tomorrow are mostly young, have dreams, promised a future with their loved ones and live their lives so passionately. However, their dreams of life are locked in a battlefield like a dark prison and trampled down like cows which are dragged to slaughterhouse regardless of their wills. Also, even if they survive, they are living with having mental traumas and senses of guilt that they could not save their fellow soldiers.
 
When I think if my family or I am a character of Edge of Tomorrow, I felt dreadful. I've thought about the question, ‘What is the relationship between the wars around the world and me?’. There will be no nation which haven't experienced any kind of wars. Wars happened also in my country, South Korea. Therefore, wars must be eradicated for everyone who lives in this era and descents who should live in the bright future.
 
So, we, IPYG, are starting to show its beginning first by doing a small action. Even if the beginning is tiny, the world will be lightened by the light of one man who will deliver the light to another men and they pass it again to the other men. We will try harder until the world will turn to the world filled with peace, without war.
 

9 comments:

  1. War must be eradicated for everyone. I agreed it. I want peace without war in heartly. I think that IPYG' action is very very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything begins with small. However, giving them enough attention and it may be more powerful.
    Come on, IPYG!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This movie is very fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply felt 'this moive is exciting', when I see this movie. But now, I am deeply ashamed of my simple way of thinking. Just like me, many people cannot give attention necessity of peace. I hope everyone know that how peace is important for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I can read more abour peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to reading such woderful writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sincerely agree with your writing.

    ReplyDelete